Do SiteMaps Affect Crawlers
The web today has evolved leaps and bounds. And this statement holds true for both Google and SEO. In this technically advanced scenario, sitemaps also play a key role in a website. How? Let us find out. While most of us have a general understanding of how sitemap submission has important precedence for Google Search Console, you may not know how sitemap generator effects crawlers. In this blog below, we will clear the confusion built around the XML sitemap and its uses.
What is an XML sitemap?
Sitemaps not only help in faster indexing but also give you additional information as to whether or not your website has a proper link structure. So ditch everything and get a quick submission and faster indexing with XML sitemaps.
Many people think that XML sitemaps are some rocket science. But in reality, it is just a collection of web URLs. An XML sitemap is nothing but a roadmap to tell search engines what sort of content one can expect on the page.
The ability of an XML sitemap generator is endless. Apart from usually helping crawlers in faster indexation, sitemaps also help in the following to the websites that have:
- Thousands of pages or harbour a deep website architecture
- Frequently adds new pages.
- Content that changes in regular intervals.
- Suffer from weak interlinking.
- Lacks a strong interlinking
Significance of having a sitemap:
Sitemaps have a significant role to play on the website. Google bots/crawlers or any other search engines, navigate to your website through that interlinking only. There is a high probability that many important pages are left out if the interlinking is not done correctly.
Therefore, if this above situation persists where you are unsure of the link structure, then the essential pages will be left out in this process. This would bring doom to your business or company. Therefore, it is important to have an XML sitemap generator for carrying out the work.
Given the popularity, there are four types of sitemaps in existence today, and they are:
- Video sitemaps
- Image sitemaps
- News sitemaps
- Mobile sitemaps
Why Should You Leverage XML Sitemaps To Your Website?
There are lot many advantages of leveraging sitemaps, some of which are listed below:
- Lists all URLs from your website and incorporated pages. This helps web indexes to reach your website easily.
- You can also set the priority of XML sitemaps. Given the engine and crawl priority, you can tag XML sitemap to important pages. This will help bots to concentrate on these web pages first.
- XML sitemaps incorporate two discretionary labels, which will help pass information to web crawlers.
- You can even Googlebot action, for example.
How to Submit XML Sitemap To Google?
There are four salient steps involved in submitting the sitemap to Google Console. They are:
- From the google console page first, select your site.
- Click sitemaps from the menu bar, which is on the left.
- Then type sitemap.xml in the text field of your domain.
- Finally, submit the same.
Just like a roadmap that connects you from one place to another, a sitemap helps in faster indexing. There are many people around the world today who are still unaware of the importance of sitemaps. They feel that their site has no problems and is quite fine with the natural crawl. However, this is a big mistake they are doing.