Web Optimization is also known as the Search Engine Optimization; it’s an event in web development where you make changes to a website in a way that it appears more times in the search engine result pages (SERP). The search engine ranks sites according to their relevance. The web optimization has various factors that concern it; these are; having a refreshed content, keywords, User-friendly design, links, among other factors that the search engine finds relevant to it. Website optimization can help an online business to grow, In that the more it appears in the search engine, the more your site becomes relevant meaning more customers can interact with the business website.
These are the graphical data representation of analytical data. In web development, These are used to show how a website behaves. These include some clicks on a site, how many views per page, etc. web development company can use Heatmaps to come up with ideas of what to change on particular website buy looking at the map. It’s possible to assess what the consumers like clicking on most and what they don’t.
There are two types of heat maps.
- The Content Analytics / Scroll Heat Map – this is the analytical data that shows how much the user scrolls through a webpage. It’s a valuable tool that gives feedback to the website developer on the content presented on the page. The material attracts the user, from the images to the text part of it. The art is to create better content, layouts, and graphics that will keep the user engaged through the website pages by displaying horizontal color bars one can tell the content of the website where users love to look. The color code includes a red-hot action area, green – lukewarm action & blue – cold action. About the content analysis, from the web page, red zone area represents the content which readers engage most in, and the yellow part is where visitors don’t visit often.
- Click Heat Maps – click maps are used to tell how well a website is doing by the amount of visitation by users. These actions could range from downloads, purchases, etc. these represent any click on the webpage. Each click on the page and makes a spot to the snap; when there are more clicks on that particular spot, then the point becomes warmer. It helps in identifying specific items on the website where users find interesting. To a web development company, this would help them advise their clients on particular designs, contents, menus or layouts.
How Heatmaps are useful
- Heatmaps provide crucial data on a websites efficiency in content, layout or design. The data includes most visited areas of the webpage, the pages with most clicks, areas that don’t get much attention, pages or areas where users take time scrolling than others.
- It draws your attention to the required significant information.
- It provides a guide on what to put where.
- Areas with little visits can be modified and improved by identifying them with the color action areas.
Heatmaps provide crucial data that are beneficial to the web development company, users, and website owners. It can efficiently boost an online business by identifying critical areas where customers need the most and brings out where the business weaknesses are. It’s an essential tool to use for website analysis.