- The Elite Site Optimizer’s sitemap generator gives the user the power to generate the entire sitemap of your website instantly.
- By placing an XML Site map on your web-server, you enable Search Engine crawlers (like Google) to find out what pages are present and which have recently changed, and to crawl your site accordingly.
- Sitemaps can be generated for other website URLs other than the configured domain also. By providing the website URL in the URL textbox and clicking on the generate button will generate Sitemaps for the provided website URL.
Clicking on the settings button allows users to select the type of sitemaps to be generated, change the frequency of the website, include domains if any, and provide the credentials for crawling the website URLs if the Site is protected before generating the sitemap.
- There is an option to provide the change frequency of your website which will be added to the XML sitemap.
- Selecting "Yes" in the "Is Site Protected?" option and provide the credentials of the domain and clicking on the generate button will generate Sitemaps for the protected websites.
- Elite Site Optimizer application provides four types of sitemaps following sitemaps.org protocol.
- XML Sitemap
- HTML Sitemap
- Image Sitemap
- Video Sitemap
- It helps to generate sitemaps instantly. So, the user can download and submit to search engines like google after every modification.
- An additional step to be performed before generating the Sitemap for the domain is add the Elite Site Optimizer's crawler IP addresses (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) to the domain server firewall’s whitelist and also to the protection plugins and defenders provided for crawling the website's URLs without any issue or block.
- The user can select the date range and view the reports according to the date selected as a table. The maximum period that the user can select is 6 months from any date range.
- By default, the table will display the list of all sitemaps generated for the last 3 months for the domain.
- There is a time limit for Sitemap expiration. The sitemaps will be available for downloading till 3650 days from the date of generation.
- The columns displayed in the table are
- Date: The date on which the sitemap was generated
- Domain: The domain or website URL for which the sitemap was generated
- Type: The type of Sitemap generated for the domain
- Total URLs: The total no. of URLs crawled for the domain
- Valid URLs: The total no. of Valid URLs crawled for the domain
- Invalid URLs: The total no. of Invalid URLs (Disallowed, No-robot, No-index URLs) present in the domain
- Change: The change of URL count comparing the previously generated Sitemap and recently generated Sitemap for the domain
- Total Time: The total time taken to generate the specific type of Sitemap for the domain
- Action: It will display as "In-progress" when the Sitemaps is being generated and the Download button displayed when Sitemaps generation is completed. Clicking on the download button will allow you to download the specific type of Sitemap for the domain".
- Elite Site Optimizer application provides a list of the website’s URLs as an XML file.
- It also provides the website’s last modified date and time, the change frequency of the website, and priority for the URL.
- The actual URL priority calculation is based on the level of the page in the link.
- If the total number of URLs to be added in the sitemap is more than 50,000 URLs or the uncompressed sitemap file is more than 50MB file size, the sitemap will be split into multiple sitemap files and it can be downloaded as a compressed file.
- An HTML sitemap allows site visitors to easily navigate a website.
- Every page on the website is included in the HTML sitemap (From the main pages to lower-level pages).
- Image sitemap includes image URLs in the sitemap to avoid repeating images across your pages. The image sitemap is stored in a separate XML file.
- For an image sitemap, if the total number of URLs to be added in the sitemap is more than 1,000 URLs, the sitemap will be split into multiple sitemap files and it can be downloaded as a compressed file.
- The generated Image Sitemap will consist of all the mentioned tags below if it is present in the images of the web page.
Note: The 'Available images' displayed in "On-page crawl data report are counted only for the successful image links whereas, the image sitemap may contain few redirected URLs for the images and hence the count may differ.
- A video sitemap provides additional information about any video content hosted on the webpages.
- It also provides the website’s last modified date and time, webpage URL where the video is located, and the video content location URL.
- The generated Video Sitemap will consist of all the mentioned tags below if it is present in the video of the domain’s web pages.
- <loc> - URL of the video content page
- <video:thumbnail_loc> - URL of the video thumbnail image file
- <video:title> - Video Title Text/ ALT Text
- <video:description> - Description of the Video content
- <video:content_loc> - URL of the Video file location (if hosted in same website or host)
- <video:player_loc> - URL of the video (if hosted in any third party CDN or video sites)
- <video:duration> - Video running time in seconds
- <video:expiration_date> - Video expiry date if any mentioned in the video file attributes.
- <video:rating> - Average video rating if any provided by any viewers so far
- <video:view_count> - Video view count by the viewers (if any available inin the web page)
- <video:publication_date> - Video Published date
- <video:family_friendly> - Content viewable by family - yes/ no
- <video:restriction relationship="allow"> - Location or country based video view restrictions if any
- <video:price currency="USD"> - Video view or purchase price if any
- <video:requires_subscription> - If Video requires any subscription to view - Yes/ No
- <video:uploaderinfo="http://www.example.com/users/grillymcgrillerson"> - Name and URL of the video uploader profile if any available in the video web page captured while upload.
- <video:live> - Is video live - Yes/ No